I feel my 10D just doesn't cut anymore
I feel my 10D just doesn't cut anymore
Author
Discussion

Shadytree

Original Poster:

8,291 posts

279 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
After upgrading my lenses over the past year I really feel frustrated with the body now

I'm hesitant to go for a 1D MkIIn, as reading numerous Canon forums I feel they may well be upgrading in March. Plus 8mp seems a bit skimpy nowdays, with the 5D pushing out 12mp.
The 5D doesn't have the weatherproofing or rate of fire the 1DMKIIn has.

So what do you think?

Wait and continue with my 10D until they replace the MkIIn ?

srider

709 posts

312 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
What sort of stuff do you shoot?

seasider

12,728 posts

279 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
Shadytree said:


So what do you think?



You should've bought one last week


& keep ya personal music a bit more personal on the train in the morning
punch

Shadytree

Original Poster:

8,291 posts

279 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
srider said:
What sort of stuff do you shoot?


Vehiclesport and Travel mostly.

mr noble

6,538 posts

263 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
Def worth a wait if its only till March!! You know you'll kick yourself if you don't wait and something amazing comes out.

G

V6GTO

11,579 posts

272 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
Sounds like you want a 1DmarkIII

Martin.

monkeyhanger

9,267 posts

272 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
I'll be looking for a deal on the last of the MK2N's IF they announce a new model

LongQ

13,864 posts

263 months

Thursday 18th January 2007
quotequote all
One option would be to but a 5D for now and then get a 1Dxxxx when the future product line is clearer and retain the 5D as a second body with its own special attributes and instant second lens availability.

The Canon outlet on eBay has warranted 'refurbs' aplenty for 5Ds.

5D bodies seem to go for circa £1300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di



and the occasional 1DMkII N which, body only, seem to fetch around £1750 to £1850.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di

So maybe a low cost buy now and an upgrade with trade in when the replacement has arrived and had its first firmware update?