£63500 for a gt3 rs
£63500 for a gt3 rs
Author
Discussion

Rob_T

Original Poster:

1,916 posts

281 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.

jeweller

37 posts

240 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Reckon you should wait a while, the effect of the new GT3 RS will probably send the price down a little. 55k would be a price that would make it a bargin!

Also wouldn't go for PCCB if you are going on the track (if not dont get a GT3), look for a car with either the Alcon or Brembo disc upgrade.

I have been offered a 2004 car with 10k for £ 60k

gt

1,407 posts

288 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
I Think thats a pretty fair price, when I was pondering selling a couple of months ago, trade bids weren't far off 60k for a car of similar mileage.

Blue ones are worth more

Edited by gt on Tuesday 7th November 09:53

GuyS.

295 posts

245 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
I paid £62k for an 04 car with 7k miles six weeks ago.

I'm sure prices will dip further as 997's start to come through but why wait ? Its a truely fantastic car, you won't regret it.

Rob_T

Original Poster:

1,916 posts

281 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
GuyS. said:
I paid £62k for an 04 car with 7k miles six weeks ago.


private sale or dealer? did it have a full warranty?

GuyS.

295 posts

245 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Rob_T said:

private sale or dealer? did it have a full warranty?


From a non franchise dealer. Car has FSH and extended warranty until May when I plan to renew it.

I believe there is a dealer advertising one on EBay currently for £61,995 - might be worth investigating.

steve rance

5,453 posts

261 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Rob_T said:
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.


The new car is only marginally quicker, 50k more expensive and will probably not be a cheap car to track opomise due to the adaptive damping system. For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS and spending 5k on proven track mods. Not many 996RS owners that I know are comming out of them for 997RS's for that reason. I doubt that the 996 will be hit hard by the 997. It may well be a mistake to wait for 996RS prices to fall due to the launch of the 997. If you can find a 996RS that hasn't had accident damage, I'd buy now.

Steve R

anonymous-user

84 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
steve rance said:
For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS


you meant 964RS right?

steve rance

5,453 posts

261 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
francisb said:
steve rance said:
For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS


you meant 964RS right?


Ha Ha

Another thread hijacked by the 964RS boys!!!

gunner

760 posts

260 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
I've seen this car and it's top quality.I actually thought it had sold already.Well worth a look at that price imo,especially with the OPC warranty.

scotty_917

1,034 posts

252 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
gt said:
I Think thats a pretty fair price, when I was pondering selling a couple of months ago, trade bids weren't far off 60k for a car of similar mileage.

Blue ones are worth more

Edited by gt on Tuesday 7th November 09:53


Red's the one to go for...blue has too many Chelsea and Spurs connatations...2nd class! . However, I agree with Steve R...keep it, brilliant car & it'll always be the 'original' GT3RS laugh

DanH

12,287 posts

290 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Rob_T said:
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.


Sounds alright to me, especially if thats an OPC price. If you are waiting for them to hit 55k and not be an utter wreck, I think you'll be waiting a long time...

You've had this itch so long, you deserve to scratch it. Thoroughly loving my car after 14 months ownership, and every time I take it on track I learn a bit more about how to wield it and how to drive.

Edited by DanH on Tuesday 7th November 13:55

cayman-black

13,268 posts

246 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
trade bid on that car will not be over £55k.

steve rance

5,453 posts

261 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
cayman-black said:
trade bid on that car will not be over £55k.


To retail at over 60K

Pugsey

5,821 posts

244 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
steve rance said:
Rob_T said:
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.


The new car is only marginally quicker, 50k more expensive and will probably not be a cheap car to track opomise due to the adaptive damping system. For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS and spending 5k on proven track mods. Not many 996RS owners that I know are comming out of them for 997RS's for that reason. I doubt that the 996 will be hit hard by the 997. It may well be a mistake to wait for 996RS prices to fall due to the launch of the 997. If you can find a 996RS that hasn't had accident damage, I'd buy now.

Steve R
A few months or so ago I posted that I was thinking of going for a 996RS but was thinking of waiting a while - maybe 'till next year - when I thought I might be able to get one for under £60k. They were high £60ks/early £70ks at the time. I got soundly poo poo'd by some on here. Getting close to the sub £60k mark already aren't they? For the sensitive souls amongst us that's a comment on RS values not an attack on the car itself which is of course still awesome. Mind you, this time next week I'll finally be in my 997GT3 and may feel differently!

Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:15


Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:18

DanH

12,287 posts

290 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
cayman-black said:
trade bid on that car will not be over £55k.


Thats the thing about trade bids, you don't get that price as a private punter, because as a private punter you are inevitably going to be more hassle than just dropping the keys at the dealer.

As to trade bids not being over 55k, I dunno as I've not rung around asking for a price on mine. Have you actually done that and got bids yourself?

Anyway, if any of you can get a straight 996 RS for 55k good on you. Personally I'm a tad skeptical, and I hope it is just wishful thinking

DanH

12,287 posts

290 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Pugsey said:
steve rance said:
Rob_T said:
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.


The new car is only marginally quicker, 50k more expensive and will probably not be a cheap car to track opomise due to the adaptive damping system. For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS and spending 5k on proven track mods. Not many 996RS owners that I know are comming out of them for 997RS's for that reason. I doubt that the 996 will be hit hard by the 997. It may well be a mistake to wait for 996RS prices to fall due to the launch of the 997. If you can find a 996RS that hasn't had accident damage, I'd buy now.

Steve R
A few months or so ago I posted that I was thinking of going for a 996RS but was thinking of waiting a while - maybe 'till next year - when I thought I might be able to get one for under £60k. They were high £60ks/early £70ks at the time. I got soundly poo poo'd by some on here. Getting close to the sub £60k mark already aren't they? For the sensitive souls amongst us that's a comment on RS values not an attack on the car itself which is of course still awesome. Mind you, this time next week I'll finally be in my 997GT3 and may feel differently!

Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:15


Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:18


Lol, you just wait sunshine

In all honesty I think that 55k figure is loopy. They still seem to be early 60s as opposed to mid 60s 6 months ago (when dealer bid was probably c. 60k).

Edited by DanH on Tuesday 7th November 17:36

Pugsey

5,821 posts

244 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
DanH said:
Pugsey said:
steve rance said:
Rob_T said:
april 2004 with 13k on the clock, with pccb, full years warranty. fair price? i have an itch, it won't go away.


The new car is only marginally quicker, 50k more expensive and will probably not be a cheap car to track opomise due to the adaptive damping system. For track day buyers, the smart money is on buying a good 996RS and spending 5k on proven track mods. Not many 996RS owners that I know are comming out of them for 997RS's for that reason. I doubt that the 996 will be hit hard by the 997. It may well be a mistake to wait for 996RS prices to fall due to the launch of the 997. If you can find a 996RS that hasn't had accident damage, I'd buy now.

Steve R
A few months or so ago I posted that I was thinking of going for a 996RS but was thinking of waiting a while - maybe 'till next year - when I thought I might be able to get one for under £60k. They were high £60ks/early £70ks at the time. I got soundly poo poo'd by some on here. Getting close to the sub £60k mark already aren't they? For the sensitive souls amongst us that's a comment on RS values not an attack on the car itself which is of course still awesome. Mind you, this time next week I'll finally be in my 997GT3 and may feel differently!

Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:15


Edited by Pugsey on Tuesday 7th November 17:18


Lol, you just wait sunshine

In all honesty I think that 55k figure is loopy. They still seem to be early 60s as opposed to mid 60s 6 months ago (when dealer bid was probably c. 60k).

Edited by DanH on Tuesday 7th November 17:36
I may want a 996RS - at any price - after my new GT3 has been blown into the weeds at Brands and Silverstone later this month although I'm hoping they'll be gentle with the new boy!

DanH

12,287 posts

290 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
Pugsey said:
I may want a 996RS - at any price - after my new GT3 has been blown into the weeds at Brands and Silverstone later this month although I'm hoping they'll be gentle with the new boy!


There is always something faster as I was reminded this weekend when an Elise with a supercharged honda engine outdragged me at Bedford. Not a huge amount in it, and he was carrying more speed + talent than me, but it did make me go find him in the pits to make sure his car wasn't normal - I was relieved to see the SC honda nestled in the back!!

Gonna see if I can make the brands GP date too, but have to leave it a bit last minute. If I'm there, I'll be going slowly too as I've never done the full GP, and last time I did the small circuit I had to be pulled out of the gravel at druids. That was gutting enough in an Elise, let alone an RS!

anonymous-user

84 months

Tuesday 7th November 2006
quotequote all
DanH said:

If I'm there, I'll be going slowly too as I've never done the full GP


and it'll be pissing with rain no doubt, when brands turns into a river, in which case i'll be delta integrale-ing it